Ocinine

Ocinine is our participation to a Channel 9 contest. Ocinine is the perfect name to understand what we want to do. Ocinine (read OC9) means 'Open channel 9'. Our goal is to make avalaible the media content of Channel 9 to any 'Host Application'. Follow us as we create the new way to see Channel 9.

2006/04/13

Fighting with the language!

How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?
[Tyler Durden in Fight Club (1999)]

And what a Fight I'm doing!

I'm trying to do something that is supposed to be easy : serializing a class. I made a lot of research on the web. Every one give almost the same example. Something like this:

// Deserialize the content of the Contact array to a XML file
XmlSerializer x = new XmlSerializer( typeof(Contact[]) );
TextWriter writer = new StreamWriter( "phonebook.xml" );
x.Serialize( writer, aContact );


But I see nowhere the way to customize the default way of serializing/deserializing a class. I have a lot of way for doing this in java. But in csharp, I don't even know if the way I can do it in java exist. I can't believe there's only one way to map an XML file to a class.

Ok, I had to admit I still have difficulty to had a code library to my project. So if I find another way to do it, I'm gonna fight with our project to put the library in there. I'm gonna take it step by step and someday it's gonna work.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
[Tyler Durden in Fight Club]

1 Comments:

  • At 15/4/06 12:10, Anonymous Anonyme said…

    Dude - you can customize serialization - use ISerializable.

     

Publier un commentaire